- Installation view (left to right): Libri Sospirandi, artist books, case, hidden fans; Ex Libris, animated film; Ad Infinitum, film on paper roll on floor; breath, sonic sculpture
Channeling the city’s first public library that was housed in the Chicago Cultural Center, this 2011 exhibition presented mixed media works that representationally, metaphorically, digitally, and sonically reference the book. Artist books that “breathe,” sounds of pages turning and alphabets in foreign tongues, films of animated books, and illusionistic shadows created an immersive environment and a sensorial conversation.
- Installation view (left to right): Ex Libris, animated film; People’s Palace (carrel), sculptural book on stand, sound; Ad Infinitum, film on paper roll on floor; breath, sonic sculpture
- Ala, animated film embedded in sculptural book on wall edge
- Libri Sospirandi, artist books in case with hidden fans
- People’s Palace (carrel), oversized book, sonic track under sound isolating speaker
- Ad Infinitum, film projected onto paper roll on floor